Indian passport is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs, so that any citizen of India can travel abroad with an identity. Without it, going abroad or living abroad is considered illegal. At the same time, it also serves as an important identity proof document, which can be used for many purposes.
Many facilities have been started by the government for passport, which makes its application process more easy. You can also apply for passport online from the comfort of your home. However, you are required to have documents in the form of certificates. You can use Aadhar card or any other identity card.
If you are planning to travel abroad and need to apply for a passport, visit the Passport Seva website. Here is the step by step process to apply for passport.
How to apply for passport sitting at home?
- First of all go to the official website passportindia.gov.in.
- Now register yourself on the Passport Seva Online Portal.
- After registration you will be given login and password.
- After login you select the option “Apply for New Passport / Re-issue of Passport”.
- A new page will open on your homepage.
- Enter all the required details in the form and submit.
- Now click on “Pay & Schedule Appointment” option on the screen to schedule the appointment.
- Please note that online payment has also been made mandatory for booking appointments in PSK/POPSK/PO.
- Thereafter, online payment can be made through Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard and
- Visa), Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) Associate Banks and Other Banks), and SBI Bank Challan.
- Now click on “Print Application Receipt” and download the print.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Regional Passport Office (RPO) where the
- appointment has been booked along with the original documents.